APF 2k8 PS3 Roster updates (with super edit that explains how to use BF)

MightyRx

Rookie
In making the raiders, Rocket Ismail first name cannot be changed.
You can give him any names in the editor, but in game it's still Rocket..

King Javo

King of APFe
Staff member
In making the raiders, Rocket Ismail first name cannot be changed.
You can give him any names in the editor, but in game it's still Rocket..
Yeah, I think those names like "Rocket", "Pepper", or "Night Train" are ones that are stuck in the game and not the file. I could be wrong, but I had problems trying to change their names using the roster file.

King Javo

King of APFe
Staff member
Ok, so I had a file from Gill in the past that helped me to find the issue. It's fixed on my latest version, but the codebase I have is in progress with larger changes to allow for altering names in OFFLINE mode without having issues.

This is something I'm planning to try and tackle next, but it's not simple and I'll be on vacation the next 2 weekends so please be patient.

This stuff takes a ton of time, so any donations are always welcome! :)

MightyRx

Rookie
Beginning to run into issues:
Changes made in the editor aren't reflected I game ( Changed Gold Deacon Jones into Silver Corey Liuget. Doesn't show in game. Remains Gold Deacon. Changes to other players weren't reflected either.)
After altering cpu teams, the divisions they play in during season mode changes.
Have to go back to the drawing board and experiment with different team combinations...

WytchCrypt

Rookie
Beginning to run into issues:
Changes made in the editor aren't reflected I game ( Changed Gold Deacon Jones into Silver Corey Liuget. Doesn't show in game. Remains Gold Deacon. Changes to other players weren't reflected either.)
Having a similar issue with player names. I altered a complete user team roster to reflect my favorite Bronco players in offline mode. When I uploaded to the game, some of the players were correct but the majority had random names in place of the actual ones I entered in the editor. Messed around a bit in the substitutions editor of the game and it rewrote the *.ROS file. Figured this would show the incorrect names when I got it back to the PC editor but was wrong. The PC editor version still showed my favorite Bronco roster names. Definitely a disconnect between the offline editor created rosters and what the game wants to display. Weird though, many players correct...

Hope this helps King Javo in debugging the offline mode :)

WytchCrypt

Rookie
Just documented something very interesting. 22 of the 42 custom Bronco player names I created in the PC editor roster made it through to the XBox roster. When I open this *.ROS file in the PC editor and do a reverse sort on the ID field, the 1st 22 names that show up are the ones that made it to the XBox roster (in other words, the highest 22 ID numbers for the team). Not sure if this is helpful but it seems like a very odd coincidence. I'm now going to alter the roster file so my starting 22 players appear in the final 22 ID slots of the Bronco roster and see if this holds true after moving the *.ROS file back to the XBox world.

steelers99

Rookie
Just documented something very interesting. 22 of the 42 custom Bronco player names I created in the PC editor roster made it through to the XBox roster. When I open this *.ROS file in the PC editor and do a reverse sort on the ID field, the 1st 22 names that show up are the ones that made it to the XBox roster (in other words, the highest 22 ID numbers for the team). Not sure if this is helpful but it seems like a very odd coincidence. I'm now going to alter the roster file so my starting 22 players appear in the final 22 ID slots of the Bronco roster and see if this holds true after moving the *.ROS file back to the XBox world.
Are you renaming the file?

WytchCrypt

Rookie
Are you renaming the file?
Hey steelers99, not sure I know what you mean. After making the roster changes in the editor it's resaved as roster.ROS, then resigned and transferred back to XBox. I just restructured my Bronco roster in the PC editor with my 22 starters in the last 22 ID numbers and the XBox used them all as starters as I expected. Unfortunately, the other 20 ID's that begin the roster are once again randomly changed to names I didn't assign. Am I missing a trick or something here?

steelers99

Rookie
Hey steelers99, not sure I know what you mean. After making the roster changes in the editor it's resaved as roster.ROS, then resigned and transferred back to XBox. I just restructured my Bronco roster in the PC editor with my 22 starters in the last 22 ID numbers and the XBox used them all as starters as I expected. Unfortunately, the other 20 ID's that begin the roster are once again randomly changed to names I didn't assign. Am I missing a trick or something here?
Could you upload the file? I'm not sure why you're having issues. I have had zero problems with renaming.

WytchCrypt

Rookie
Could you upload the file? I'm not sure why you're having issues. I have had zero problems with renaming.
You betcha...here is the version directly saved out of the editor before resigning (roster.ROS was too large so I had to zip it to upload).

Thanks!

Attachments

steelers99

Rookie
You betcha...here is the version directly saved out of the editor before resigning (roster.ROS was too large so I had to zip it to upload).

Thanks!
Teams are not sorted correctly with this version of the editor so instead of going to the team you want to go to the whole player pool in the top right section of the team select menu. Your players must be sorted by ID (they already are) scroll down until you see your version of Barry Sanders on the Vikings, this is where the listing for the players on the Vikings begins (not the asterisks). The players on the Vikings continues down this list up until John Elway on the Broncos. Even though the players before him are identified as being on the Broncos they are on the Vikings. The players that are on the Broncos actually ends at Jeff Howard (ID:1553) who appears to be on the Top Guns.

This pattern continues on with each team you create. You should see the pattern in the player pool. Vikings go from Barry Sanders (ID:1470) to Orlando Franklin (ID:1511) and Broncos go from John Elway (ID:1512) to Jeff Howard (ID:1553).

WytchCrypt

Rookie
Teams are not sorted correctly with this version of the editor so instead of going to the team you want to go to the whole player pool in the top right section of the team select menu. Your players must be sorted by ID (they already are) scroll down until you see your version of Barry Sanders on the Vikings, this is where the listing for the players on the Vikings begins (not the asterisks). The players on the Vikings continues down this list up until John Elway on the Broncos. Even though the players before him are identified as being on the Broncos they are on the Vikings. The players that are on the Broncos actually ends at Jeff Howard (ID:1553) who appears to be on the Top Guns.

This pattern continues on with each team you create. You should see the pattern in the player pool. Vikings go from Barry Sanders (ID:1470) to Orlando Franklin (ID:1511) and Broncos go from John Elway (ID:1512) to Jeff Howard (ID:1553).
Wow, you're right. I just started a quick game with the Vikings to check it out and a bunch of players I thought were on the Broncos are playing for the Vikings. So the problem is that I have "blank" players in the Vikings (which is the 1st user owned team) with asterisks for the name fields, correct? Does this mean if I assign players to fill out that Viking roster I'll be good to go?

Thanks!

steelers99

Rookie
Wow, you're right. I just started a quick game with the Vikings to check it out and a bunch of players I thought were on the Broncos are playing for the Vikings. So the problem is that I have "blank" players in the Vikings (which is the 1st user owned team) with asterisks for the name fields, correct? Does this mean if I assign players to fill out that Viking roster I'll be good to go?

Thanks!
No. Just edit user teams from the entire player pool sorted by ID. The players with asterisks I think are blank spaces for names and are certainly not players.

WytchCrypt

Rookie
No. Just edit user teams from the entire player pool sorted by ID. The players with asterisks I think are blank spaces for names and are certainly not players.
Not sure exactly what you're instructing me to do, but here's what I tried. Went into the edit user teams screen from the game and it showed the Vikings are filled with named players, but when I move that roster file to the PC editor it still shows the 1st half of the team with asterisks for names and no attributes. I even went back into the team editor and deleted the Vikings and recreated a new team from scratch and the editor still shows this team before the Broncos with the 1st half of the player roster blank. Not sure what else to do but start all over without loading one of my roster files and see what happens.

steelers99

Rookie
Not sure exactly what you're instructing me to do, but here's what I tried. Went into the edit user teams screen from the game and it showed the Vikings are filled with named players, but when I move that roster file to the PC editor it still shows the 1st half of the team with asterisks for names and no attributes. I even went back into the team editor and deleted the Vikings and recreated a new team from scratch and the editor still shows this team before the Broncos with the 1st half of the player roster blank. Not sure what else to do but start all over without loading one of my roster files and see what happens.
Edit the players from your teams in the overall player pool that lists all players back to back. It is easier to see who is on which team as each user team begins with the tiered players.

WytchCrypt

Rookie
Edit the players from your teams in the overall player pool that lists all players back to back. It is easier to see who is on which team as each user team begins with the tiered players.
Ummm...hate to seem lame but, how do I access the overall player pool? I can't find anything in the APF2k8 Editor that displays a player list like that. Is it another editor?